Articles on this Page
- 03/08/13--06:03: _Impala Records
- 03/10/13--00:02: _Rare picture sleeve?
- 03/11/13--11:04: _Rock Away My Blues
- 03/18/13--14:57: _Hommage à Joseph Pu...
- 03/23/13--13:47: _Jailhouse Rock
- 03/24/13--11:18: _Charlena
- 03/26/13--04:45: _They Don't Know
- 03/26/13--09:34: _Mama Loochie
- 03/27/13--08:35: _Getaway
- 03/29/13--08:38: _Judy Tracy on Young
- 04/14/13--07:13: _Crying In The Chapel
- 04/15/13--09:58: _Teen Age Queen
- 04/16/13--13:18: _A Ring Around A Chain
- 04/17/13--04:11: _Semi-Automatic Bop ...
- 04/19/13--13:27: _Mae West Walk
- 04/20/13--05:25: _Send Me Baby
- 04/21/13--10:29: _Some Day You'll Nee...
- 04/26/13--08:04: _Rockin' Around The ...
- 04/29/13--09:40: _Charlie's Got a Horn
- 04/30/13--08:48: _Shaggy Dog
- 03/08/13--06:03: Impala Records
- 03/10/13--00:02: Rare picture sleeve?
- 03/11/13--11:04: Rock Away My Blues
- 03/18/13--14:57: Hommage à Joseph Pujol, dit le Pétomane
- 03/23/13--13:47: Jailhouse Rock
- 03/24/13--11:18: Charlena
- 03/26/13--04:45: They Don't Know
- 03/26/13--09:34: Mama Loochie
- 03/27/13--08:35: Getaway
- Regular performers on The Big Revue on CBC , a Toronto television show (1952-1953)
- Vocal background on one of the first Beverly Lea records (Cadillac Records, New-York, 1954).
- Recorded for Sparton Records, 1956 (also on ABC Records in the USA).
- 03/29/13--08:38: Judy Tracy on Young
- Little Davey and his Charms (David Luzitano a.k.a. Davey London) and his all-girl band)
- The Kordels
- 04/14/13--07:13: Crying In The Chapel
- 04/15/13--09:58: Teen Age Queen
- 04/16/13--13:18: A Ring Around A Chain
- 04/17/13--04:11: Semi-Automatic Bop (?!)
- 04/19/13--13:27: Mae West Walk
- 04/20/13--05:25: Send Me Baby
- 04/21/13--10:29: Some Day You'll Need Me
- Huntsville, Ala,— Slim Lay And Happy Wilson
- Ft Worth, Tx — Bud & Stan
- South Greesburg, Pa (Fee Bee sub. with bogus Hollywood address on label)—The People, Buddy Carle
- Detroit Mich.— Bunny Paul
- Chicago, Ill. — Frank York Orch., Nikki North
- Memphis, Tn (rec. location) — Leon Mitchell And His Kentucky Valley Boys
- Phoenix, Az —Square Dance label
- Hollywood, Ca. — Willie Egan
- 04/26/13--08:04: Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree
- 04/29/13--09:40: Charlie's Got a Horn
- Melvin Morris picture credit : from CD "Ice Cold" (Buffalo Bop 55162)
- Melvin Morris page at Rockin' Country Style here
- Jim Dandy Records discography here
- 04/30/13--08:48: Shaggy Dog
The Chevrolet Impala is a full-size automobile built by the Chevrolet division of General Motors introduced for the 1958 model year. Deriving its name from the southern African antelope, Chevrolet's most expensive passenger model through 1965 had become the best-selling automobile in the United States, competing against the Ford Galaxie 500 and the Plymouth Fury when full-size models dominated the market. [Wikipedia]
Owner : George Bodner
Donnator Music, BMI
Main artist (and owner) : Oscar Martinez
Artist (and owner?) : Carl Bonafede
R&B singer, songwriter, dancer, comedian. Tommy Brown has been active in the music business for some 60 years, yet it is quite possible that you've never heard of him.
And The Hawker Bros. / Virginia Ramblers
Sea-Cap 1000 — Charlena/They Don't Know — Aug. 65
Fortune 1000 — Double Shot/I'm Leaving Here — Mar. 66
Bang 521 —Double Shot/I'm Leaving Here —Apr. 66
Rick 10276 — Charlena /Ooh-Wee — Nov. 66
Label : Ricky 211
Following the Holiday House run, the Knight Kaps joined Canonsburg's Four Coins for two weeks at the Thunderbird in Las Vegas and then returned home for a successful stay at the Peppermint Lounge West in Brentwood.
The Knight Kaps, who also performed at the Trocadero Motor Lodge, the VFW in Charleroi and Patti's in Monongahela, included Johnny Savo, Joe Kennedy, Jimmy Magnetta, Glenn Brady and Jim Merchant.
6022 Bay Parkway, Brooklyn, N.Y.
Lonesome Boy / Come On Baby Let's Dance
3953 Lees Ave., Long Beach 8, Calif.
J.J.Barnes began his musical career in gospel. He sang with his sister, Ortheia Barnes, in The Halo Gospel Singers....
Arr & Cond Danny Gould
36 lo-fi tracks, mostly uncomped! A tribute to Cees Klop!
Without the participation of Yoko Ono (thanks Yoko!)
Some were previously here on Dead Wax, some weren't.
Al's 1503 -Link Davis - Johnny B. Goode
Arroya- The Cat - Syncopated Rock
Bedford -Don Miller And Carolyn Day - Telephone Baby
Bell 118- Jay Stevens- Tiger
Bray - Jackasses- Sugaree
Breeze- Sharlet Sexton - Since My Baby Put Me Down
Byeric - Art Erikson- Baby I Don't Care 1&2
Cadillac 163 Millionaires -Shimmy, Shimmy, Shimmy (Do The Coca Minny)
Canton 1786-The Phantoms- Birdland Pt I
Claudra 110 -Walter (Arlie) Bittle - Teen Age Blues
Clef 1107 Bob Cathey - Johnny B. Goode
Cue 1053 The Moore Twins (Larry & Garry)- All Thru The Night
Day-Z-Bel 711-Jimmy Crawford - Blabbermouth
Dot 15784-Johnny King- Rock-Meeting
Garrett 4001_Chuck Howard - Johnny Be Good
Gateway 1236-Bradley Arthur- Stood Up
Gold Master -The Rocks- Love City
Gold Master -The Rocks- Terri
Gold Standard 292-Jimmy Hydrick- Trip To The Moon
Horizon 1002_Johnny Redd _Tell Me Why
JFJ - The Creations- Girl Of My Best Friend
Kudo 665 Barbara Tennant- Rock Baby Rock
Madison 101 Jimmy McBride- Rockin' Guitar
Maynor- Venus- Walkin-And-Talkin
Nork-The Trophies- Somethin' Else
Orbit 4889 -Tommy Love- Half Past Midnight
Pathe 1001-Glory Kennedy And Her 3 Electric Guitars- Dixie's Land
Reesa And The Rooters- Nervous Breakdown
Ridgeway 113_Niki Stevens_ The_Bop
Rogo-Ralph Miranda & Deltoros - Don't Leave Me Now
Rose- We're Not Sisters - Oh Baby, Whoa Baby_
Scottie 1326_Spider Webb_ ()-A-Doodle-Doo
Twin Star1011 Mike_Mitchell- Mike's Riff
Vanco- Jim Mackelberg - Baby Sittin Blues
Wing 2002 The Allen Sisters -Cha Cha Hop
Mae West Walk
Send Me Baby
Jay, Forshay BMI
Orch. & Chorus Directed By Ray Ellis
Royal Roost Records
Label owner, Jack Hooke, born Jacob Horowitz,, who managed some of the biggest names in jazz, rock 'n' roll and Latin music during 51 years in entertainment, died in 1999. He was 83.
Trained, like his four older brothers, as a tool-and-die maker, he decided in the late 1940's that he couldn't stand that line of work. He and a partner bought Royal Roost Records, a tiny jazz label that recorded the likes of Stan Getz, Erroll Garner, Dizzy Gillespie and Charlie Parker. Mr. Hooke became a plugger, traveling to radio stations around the country to promote Royal Roost's records.
In 1952 he and a friend, the pop music plugger Juggy Gayles, paid a call to WJW in Cleveland where a young D.J., Alan Freed, was playing the latest rhythm 'n' blues for a loyal following of black listeners and a growing number of white fans. Freed and Mr. Hooke hit it off immediately, and soon Mr. Hook became the D.J.'s manager.
"That was my thing, it didn't sell twenty copies, but I loved it." But Hooke's access to Alan Freed inevitably caused the label owner to try his hand at rock & roll. Starting late in 1955, Roost periodically recorded and released songs by local groups, but despite radio airplay from Freed, the records did not sell in any significant quantity. "I went into bankruptcy twice, and I was struggling".
Then in the summer of 1956, Roost released a song called "Priscilla," sung by Brooklyn-born songwriter Eddie Cooley (who had recently written "Fever" for Little Willie John) and three women who called themselves The Dimples. By the fall "Priscilla" had risen to number twenty-six on Billboard's national "Top 100" chart. Jack Hooke finally had his rock & roll hit and "paid off all his bills. From John A. Jackson, "Big Beat Heat", Alan Freed and the early years of rock and roll.
Houston, Texas. D Records related (in the same masters series)
Joe Barber real name is Joseph John Barberine and was born in 1931. Joseph lived, and still live there hopefully, in Sun City, California, He is listed as president of Califco Publications, Inc., located in Van Nuys, Ca.
He wrote songs, most notably "I Can't Get Over You" recorded by George Jones and Melba Montgomery (United Artists, 1965).
No further info on Joe Barber.
This Dash label is not related to any other labels of the same name :
All about Dora Hall here :
DORA'S WORLD: The Unofficial DORA HALL Website
Paying loving tribute to the Queen of Solo Cups -- and of "vanity entertainment"!
DORA HALL was the undisputed queen of vanity entertainment. Dora's husband was Leo Hulseman, the founder of the immensely successful Solo Cup Company, and a man who was quite happy to delve into Solo's apparently bottomless coffers to finance dozens of record releases by his wife, all of which were given away free of charge with packages of plastic cups and plates during the 1960's. Not content with her "success" in the record business, in the 1970's and 1980's Dora branched out with several full-blown Solo-financed TV specials designed to make her a star--despite the fact that she was an elderly grandmother with limited show business experience.
KB-601/2 — Heartaches Of A Love Untrue / Please Hear These Words
Jim Dandy (1961)
JD 1004 — Charlie's Got A Horn / Remember You're Mine – (Bb rev. 11 December 1961)
605 — Spending Nights In Nashville / Still – 10-62
Guitar Record Company (1962)
1100 — The Pauper's Dream / Tell Mother That You Love Me
Roberta Jymme Schourop (born April 7, 1943, Monterey Park, California) was raised in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
More about Roberta Shore :
The Lawrence Welk Show: The Banjo`s Back In Town
Roberta Shore and Buddy Merrill on banjo (1959)